Yes, you read correctly. This fridge cheesecake is made of Bar-One, on the list
of South Africa’s most loved chocolate bars and bursting with caramel, nougat
and cocoa goodness.
250g chocolate coated digestive biscuits
150g melted butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
20g extra butter
50g milk chocolate (chopped finely)
3 teaspoons gelatine
500g cream cheese
110g castor sugar
120g BarOne, chopped finely
1. Blend biscuits into breadcrumbs and add butter to combine. Press
mixture into a 20cm tin (bottom and sides or just bottom). Cover and
refrigerate till firm.
2. Combine brown sugar with the 20g extra butter and 2tbs cream in
saucepan, heat on low until sugar dissolves to make butterscotch sauce.
3. Combine chocolate and 2 tablespoons of cream in small saucepan and
low heat until chocolate melts to make chocolate sauce.
4. Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small bowl over simmering water.
until gelatine dissolves. Cool for 5 minutes.
5. Beat cheese and castor sugar in medium bowl until smooth. Beat
cream in another bowl until soft peaks form. Stir slightly warm
cheese mixture and add in Bar-One and fold in cream.
6. Pour half cheese mixture into prepared tin and drizzle half
half chocolate sauce over cheese mixture. Repeat the process with
cheese mixture and sauces.
7. Cover and refrigerate for at least three hours or until set but best
the day before.